If you are new to detecting a metal detector pinpointer is a device that points you to the exact location of your find. It makes your work easier by saving you the time and energy of having to dig a huge hole when looking for the treasure. This is a must-have device if you love metal detecting or for your kids, if you don’t want them digging huge holes everywhere.
Best Pintpointer Metal Detectors:
Some metal detectors have inbuilt pinpointers but some don’t work very well, so you need a backup. Lucky for you, the options are endless, so you have hundreds of pinpointers from which to choose. We have compiled for you a list of some of the best pinpointers in 2020, to save you the hassle of looking for a needle in a haystack.
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT Metal Detector
The Garrett pro is like the king of all pinpointers in the market and for a good reason. It is an upgrade from previous models that were lacking in some areas, so it is a good thing to see that they pay attention.
The pinpointer is fully waterproof and can detect up to 10 feet underwater. The AT in the title is short for all-terrain, which means it doesn’t matter if you are exploring some mountains or flat ground it will work without fail. It can also be used in the mud, and it still works very well, so don’t be afraid of going out just because it rained.
It has a beautiful bright orange color, which helps it remain visible just in case you lose in the water. It can sense any metals at a 360 degrees radius. One of the best additional features for the pinpointer is that it has three sensitivity modes; these are low, medium, and high. According to the reviews, all of these work very well so you can interchange depending on what you are looking for.
The on and off button is also works for retuning. It allows you to narrow down the detection area for a more accurate read, so the navigation is so comfortable it is about to become your favorite device. The sound from the speaker is loud enough and since it is waterproof too, you don’t need to worry about losing tone.
The side of the pointer is calibrated with a ruler in inches to give you a better idea of how far your target is. Some other extra features that you may enjoy is that it also has a flashlight to aid when searching low lit areas, and the batteries last twice as long. It does come with a woven belt holster and utility belt to help in carrying it around.
- Includes Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Woven Belt Holster and Utility Belt
- Fully waterproof to 10 feet with orange color for added visibility underwater. Maximum Sensitivity for improved detection of nuggets and other small targets. Choose from three Sensitivity levels. Fast Retune: Quick button press instantly tunes out environment or narrows detection field for precise pinpointing of larger targets.
- Lost Pro-Pointer Alarm: After 5 minutes with no button presses, the pinpointer emits periodic warning chirps. Automatic power off after 60 minutes of warning chirps; saves batteries. Simple, single-button operation for Power, Retune, Sensitivity adjustment, and Stealth Mode.
- Ruler in Inches and Centimeters molded into side of pinpointer to judge target depth. Lanyard Attachment Loop molded into side of pinpointer. New power button is easy to operate even with gloves.
- Patented Proportional Audio/Vibration Patented scraping blade for searching soil Twice the battery life of other pinpointers with LED lights. Pinpointing tip and 360° detection area LED Flashlight for low light uses. Includes woven belt holster and 9-volt battery. Large power button
MokenEye Waterproof PinPointer Metal Detector, IP66 Water-Resistant
The MokenEye pointer is a lot like the Garrett pro but for a fraction of the price. However, just because it is quite cheap doesn’t mean that it is of poor quality if anything, it is far from it.
This pinpointer offers 360 degrees all-round detection, and it is specially made for smaller objects, so if you’re targeting tiny metals, then this works perfectly. It is a fully waterproof detector that works perfectly with rapid scanning that allows you to cover a large.
The speaker is loud enough to hear even underwater and it gets louder the closer it gets to a find. It also has a vibrating feature, so if your hearing is not great, you would still manage to find your trinkets. The design is pretty basic and easy to use, featuring only one button that is used to light the LED flashlight for those days you are out exploring in the dark.
It is important to note that the whole detector is not waterproof. So you can only insert it up to right about the point the flashlight is. This is, however, enough to get deep enough so it can sense any objects that you are trying to find.
It also comes in bright orange color, so it is easy to see even in the dark. One of its best features is that it has a high sensitivity sensor that is on a high throughout. It allows you to cover more area without worrying about having not found everything. In the package, you get a belt holster as well as a lanyard which comes in handy since it has a hole from which you can hang it.
No products found.
Deteknix Pin-Pointer Metal Detector
This is another highly rated pinpointer and although it is a bit costly, it does the job and will last you years. It is a solid-built device that competes quite well with the Garrett so if you are looking to save a few bucks this will do just fine.
It is one of the best devices if you need something that works well when searching through the dirt. The sensor is entirely accurate, and it is the best part about it. It never gives falsies no matter how hard to try pushing the pointer it always gives actual results.
The pointer works well even if you don’t have a great metal detector. It has a wide range and detects over 360 degrees and up to about three to four inches depending on the soil. Unfortunately, this unity is not waterproof, which you would expect given the price, but it is water-resistant. You can use it in the rain or touch the sensor slightly on the surface of the water but don’t submerge it.
It has two sensitivity button settings that help improve accuracy when you are digging through soil. The beeper is loud enough to hear even when it is underground, and it has a vibrator as well to help you. If you choose this device, then you will be happy to know that it has a brighter LED flashlight. If you have a substantial hole, it is excellent in viewing even when it is quite dark.
Unlike many devices, this pointer comes in four colors, so you don’t have to choose the monotonous orange. It also comes with a belt holster and one year warranty that covers most issues within that period.
- Color: orange, includes belt holster and lanyard
- Water resist construction
- Ratio audio or vibration indication depend on target distance
- Adjustable sensitivity by press button
- Led flashing light for low visibility condition - ribbed side for anti-slip
DR.ÖTEK Improved Waterproof Pinpointer Metal Detector
If you are on a budget but want an excellent device, forget all the other pinpointers and pay attention to this one. It has premium features all for a steal, and the best part is that you can submerge the whole thing into the water.
This is high quality and a well-made pointer that will save you a lot of energy and time that would otherwise be wasted digging endlessly. It has a super-sensitive tip that works at 360 degrees with side detection, so you don’t need to use the exact pointer. It has an excellent feel, and the texture is good so it won’t easily slip off your hands.
As mentioned, its best feature is that it is wholly waterproof so you can use it underwater up to 10 meters. The only downside to that is that it doesn’t have sound alerts since that would mess up the waterproofing ability. Don’t be disappointed just yet because it still has a cool alerting system.
Since it doesn’t have sound, it uses four light signals and different vibrations to alert you when you are close to a find. The light signs are red, green, blue, and white. So it starts with red when there is a signal, with a light vibration and goes through the other colors to white when you are close. When it turns to white, the wave becomes like a buzz so you can feel it even underwater.
It is an easy one-button pointer that is used for On/Off as well as lighting the LED flashlight. The batteries provided are not the best, but it has a battery-saving feature. The pointer turns itself off after five minutes of no use, but it lightly buzzes when going off. Overall it is an impressive device that is great for both children and adults.
- FULLY WATERPROOF UP TO 32 FEET UNDERWATER. Take the pointer below the surface of lakes, rivers, ponds, and oceans to locate historic wrecks other searchers can't find. Other leading detectors only go down 13 feet and cannot be fully immersed in water. Ours fully submersible 32 feet depth gives you a big advantage.
- 360° AREA OF DETECTION. This very sensitive 360-degree pinpointer can precisely locate the target rapidly and accurately and also find metal screws, thumbtacks, and even lost jewelry around your home. Avoid lots of unnecessary digging. Spare your time indoor & outdoors for a memorable treasure hunting!
- ONE BUTTON EASE OF USE. One Button Operation makes this pinpointer very easy to use. It's suitable for any age kids to adults. 5 Minute Automatic Shutdown saves battery power for extended life that never lets you down. 4 level LED lets you accurately pinpoint objects in all environments.
- NO DISTURBING SPEAKERS. Our better design uses vibrate and LED flashing alarm rather than audible noise. Lets you work quietly so as not to disturb others and wildlife.
- A PERFECT GIFT FOR KIDS & Friends. This pinpointer metal detector is a perfect Christmas gift for your friends and the family numbers who love outdoor adventure. With a compact size, it's also perfect for kids to reignite their sense of adventure with great outdoors by giving them the gift of a metal detector pinpointer.
White’s TRX Bullseye Pin-Pointer – 800-0343
If you are looking to try something new or you have been disappointed by other models, then you could give the TRX a try. It is a well-built pointer that is durable, so if you are clumsy, you don’t need to worry. You also have the option of getting the shell replaced if it breaks.
One of the main reasons why you should buy this pointer is the fact that it detects at much deeper lengths compared to any other device in the market. For this reason, it is the perfect helper if you are looking for some profoundly hidden treasures. It is also great at pinpointing you to exactly where the find is, which is what these pinpointers are for but unfortunately most don’t. You can rely on the TRX to do that for you in no time.
Another great feature of this model is the fact that it can also detect and pinpoint objects that are deep in the water. The pinpointer has a waterproof reach of up to 10 feet, which is a lot more than you will get with any other device. It has intense buzzing and vibration when it gets close to your find so you will know exactly where to look.
On the downside is that it has a side blind spot, so it only works best when you point it directly to the object. The LED light is also not the brightest, so you may need an extra flashlight for those dawn or dusk activities.
- Automatic Ground Balance with Tracking
- Rugged, Waterproof Design (IP68 Certified)
- Simple, One-Button Operation
- Replaceable Shell
- Model Number: 800-0343
Quest 1V_1701.102 Xpointer Pro-Waterproof PinPointer
This is yet another great device, although it is not so popular. It is an excellent device if you are tired of always getting false readings or you want a different underwater pinpointer. It may not be the cheapest but believe that it is a high-quality device.
One of its greatest strengths is that it works up to 10 feet underwater since it is fully waterproof. It works equally well underwater, so it is a great accessory to bring with you if you expect to come into contact with water or mud. It is also one of the few pinpointers, which has impulse induction so you won’t experience any issues when searching through mineral soil or water.
If you are tired of your batteries always running out when you are out and about, then this will be perfect for you. It has a rechargeable battery that lasts quite long. The battery is recharged through a USB outlet that is covered not to affect its performance underwater. Unfortunately, once the battery completely dies, you cannot replace it.
The Quest device works very well on land and in deep holes to point you in the right direction. However, it is a device that will be a joy to have if you like searching for treasures underwater. Its capabilities are something to enjoy for divers. In the package, you get the USB charger and a belt holster.
Makro Pointer Waterproof Metal Detector
This Makro pinpointer is a lot like the Garrett since it sports most of the features that make it great. It is an excellent device if you want to try out something different but just as good as the popular options.
The shell is made of hard plastic that makes it durable so it will survive a few hard falls. The casing is also replaceable, so if you manage to break it, there is still hope. It is a reliable device that is fully waterproof and made using quality parts. It works great both on the surface and in water and does not give any false reading even in mineralized soil or sand.
The pinpoint works at 360 degrees, so it scans all around to identify a find. Luckily, this doesn’t mean that it has blind spots. The sides, though not as accurate, will still detect any treasures that are close by. It allows the device to scan a more extensive area, so it is the perfect partner if your detector is not accurate.
You have the option to increase or decrease sensitivity with this model, so you can use it to narrow into your find. While the primary alert system is beeping, which becomes louder the closer you are to the object, there is also a silent mode. If you don’t want to use the loudspeaker, you can switch it to vibration mode. It allows you to work quietly and is the best option when searching underwater.
It has a powerful LED light that works well both underwater and on the ground. It comes with a scraping blade which allows you to work faster and more efficiently. Also included are a belt holster and a 9v battery.
- Includes -Carrying Pouch -Hard Shell Case -Hard Shell Case with Scraping Blade -Finds Bag Belt Holster -9v Alkaline Battery
- WATERPROOF (IP 67) Makro Pointer can be used on land or underwater. Designed to meet the IP67 waterproof standard. 360º DETECTION TIP Reach your target faster: Makro Pointer helps you locate your target quickly and easily in the hole. Flip it horizontally and you can easily scan a larger area.
- SENSITIVITY CONTROL Achieve the maximum performance in any environment. Simply adjust the sensitivity with the +/- buttons for the ultimate performance. LED FLASHLIGHT Makro Pointer's powerful, built-in, LED flashlight illuminates the spot you are searching. Easily see your target at night or when hunting in dark places.
- AUDIO ALERT AND/OR VIBRATION 3 different target alert options: 1. Audio Only 2. Vibration Only 3. Both Audio and Vibration COIL INTERFERENCE BLOCKING When it is off, the coil's magnetic transmission is disconnected. This eliminates the possibility of interference from other metal detectors. This also prevents the Makro Pointer from being detected as a target.
- REPLACEABLE HARD-SHELL CASE Makro Pointer comes with two hard-shell cases. The first is a standard hard-shell protection tip. The second is a hard-shell protection tip with a built-in scraping blade. Both prevent wear of the detection tip.
Kuman Pin pointer Water Resistant Metal Detectors
Don’t worry if you want a pinpointer but you are on a tight budget since this Kuman device was made just for you. It costs less than $30, but you get most if not all of the features that come with the more premium devices.
It detects objects at 360 degrees, including the sides, so there are no blind spots when you are searching. The sensitivity is also quite good; hence, you can use it to scan a large area and to pinpoint you to the exact point. According to reviews, you can get some decent sensitivity within 3 to 4 inches of the object. The best part is that it has the use of all three signals; light, sound, and vibration.
Unfortunately, you only get partial waterproof capability with this device, but it is good enough to point towards objects that aren’t too far away. While sometimes you will get a few false detections, it is not too bad considering that its accuracy when it is right is almost flawless.
It works on almost any type of metal; however, it is a bit restricting on some non-magnetic metals. It has a single button operation that makes it easy to work with, and you don’t have to keep getting the wrong buttons.
The pin pointer’s LED light is not the brightest, but you will find your way through the dirt or water. Included in the package is a scrapper, a retractable hanging wire as well as a holster. It is generally a great device to own whether you are a pro or rookie, both adults, and children.
- 360° side-scan and Pinpoint tip detection. Please kindly note that this is kuman brand, the only store name is kumanshop, the other is unauthorized product. Our pinpointer metal detector kit include the waterproof case, it is freely for you to use underwater.
- High Sensitivity: High Sensitivity for improved detection of small targets, it can work indoors, outdoors, on sand, lawn or in soil, locate coin, silver, jewelry and gold with speed and accuracy. Three sensitivity levels with different LED indicators light, audio and vibrate alert.
- Ratio audio and vibration indicators.
- One- One-touch operation:Quick button press instantly tunes out environment or narrows detection field for precise pinpointing of larger targets
XP Deus MI-6 PINPOINTER Metal Detector
If you have the XP Deus metal detector, then this would be the perfect accessory to complete your metal detecting set. They work well together to make metal detecting so much fun and a breeze so you can find your objects faster.
It is, however, not only an excellent pinpointer to use with its partner, you can use it even with a different metal detector. It is a heavy-duty device that gives some of the best pointers good competition since it is reliable, durable, and waterproof to deep levels.
The pointer is fully submersible up to 20 feet so you can go deep diving as you wish to get those deeply hidden objects. The parts are well done to facilitate this, and that includes a hard almost indestructible shell for so it is safe for children.
Many reviewers say that it is better than the Garrett since it doesn’t have the kind of blind spots it has. It also helps that you can take it diving without worrying about destroying it. It has 360 degrees sensing, including the very sensitive sides. There are different sensitivity levels, and when used with the metal detector, you get up to 50 different sensitivity modes. That ensures that you get as close as possible to your target and guarantees you no false readings.
Other than the fact that you can pair the pointer to its metal detector through radio connection, it is also easy to find it if it gets lost. You can use the research mode to look for it which, you will agree beats trying to dig through sand or diving into the water to find it.
The batteries on this model are rechargeable, and on full recharge, you can expect it to give you a good 90 hours, so it is also great to have on camping trips.
- Rechargeable Lithium Polymer battery
- Submersible up to 20 feet
- Audio Tone Adjustments.
- Pinpointing – target zoom graph
- Connection via radio link to the DEUS
MINELAB PRO-FIND 35
The pro-find 35 is an upgrade from the pro-find 25 so if you had tried that out and you weren’t impressed this would be a good option for you. It has a solid build and will function as expected so you shouldn’t experience any design flaws.
This pinpointer is 360 degrees one with minimal blind spots on the side, but it also compensates this by having high accuracy on the pinpoint. It covers a relatively large area, but since it gives some false readings, it is best to have a larger metal detector for that. It, however, has five sensitivity settings to help you get closer to your find.
It is completely waterproof up to 10 feet, which is not that much, but it works well at that depth. It signals using both sound and vibration with both of them being more vigorous when getting closer to the object. It detects objects within 4 inches, which is the average for most devices of this kind.
The LED light is quite bright; the only problem is that it feces the opposite direction, so it is not very convenient to use in the dark. It comes with all the standard accessories such as a lanyard, holster, and batteries.
- The Minelab Pro-Find 35 Pinpointer Features DIF Technology which Significantly Reduces Interference with an Operating Metal Detector.
- Adjustable Sensitivity with 5 Sensitivity Levels Allow you to Adjust for Maximum Depth and Minimum Noise in All Ground Conditions. Audio Tones and Vibration Intensify as the Probe Approaches the Target, Even Underwater.
- Waterproof to 10-ft (3m) with Rugged Waterproof Design Ideal for Beach and River Pinpointing. The PRO-FIND is Bright and Easily Visible, So you Won’t Leave it Behind After you Dig.
- Ferrous Tone ID featuring Two Different Responses Helping you to Identify Ferrous Junk from Nonferrous Treasure. Lost-Alarm will Sound After a Period of Inactive Use making it Easy to Locate your Forgotten Pinpointer.
- Factory Included Accessories: Holster, Lanyard, 9V PP3 Battery, Multi-Language Instructions
Metal Detector Pinpointer Summary
While a pinpointer is not a must-have accessory for your metal detecting hobby, it does help make it more objective and fun. The good thing is that the options are many and you are sure to find something great for your budget. Give one a try and experience just how much time you will save, which could directly mean more finds for you.